Red Lobster Crab Cakes
1 lb lump crab meat
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons oil, to saute
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon celery, diced
1 tablespoon onion, minced
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the breadcrumbs and crab meat).
2. Using gloves, gently mix in the crab meat, then add the breadcrumbs.
3. Spread a thin layer of plain bread crumbs on your work surface and form the crab mixture into equal balls (approximately two inches in diameter).
4. Place the crab mixture balls on the breadcrumbs, gently flattening them and rounding the edges. Form the cakes about 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches round.
5. In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
6. Gently slide in two crab cakes at a time and brown on one side for about 2-3 minutes. Turn and brown the other side.
7. Turn down the heat and simmer the crab cakes for another 5-8 minutes.
Servings: 6, 174 calories per serving