Strawberry Jello Pie
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons Splenda brand sweetener
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Directions for crust:
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Blend ingredients together, does not need rolling, can be patted into pie tin. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely.
OR 1 (9 inch) reduced fat graham cracker crust
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups boiling water
3/4 cup Splenda
1 box (0.30 oz) sugar-free strawberry jello
1/8 tsp Imitation strawberry flavoring (optional)
1 quart fresh strawberries, rinsed, drained and sliced
Fat Free whipped topping (optional)
- Combine cornstarch and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. While stirring, add Splenda. When mixture has thickened, remove from heat and add jello. Stir until it dissolves. Add strawberry flavoring, if desired. Set mixture aside to cool.
- Heap sliced strawberries into pie shell. Pour glaze over strawberries. Chill until glaze has set, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Spread whipped topping over pie before serving, or serve the pie with a dollop of whipped topping atop each slice, as desired.